Fragrant, Soothing Lavender – One of the Most Useful Essential Oils
It must be incredible to stand in a lavender field, with graceful purple-blue flower spears releasing their delicate aroma into the early morning air. For thousands of years, people have been relishing the scent of lavender and learning new ways to use and enjoy this flowering plant. It’s actually a member of the mint family, some would say their reigning queen. Lavender is certainly one of the world’s most popular essential oils.
Relieve Stress and Enjoy a Good Night’s Sleep
The relaxing benefits of lavender oil extend beyond the bath. A drop or two of lavender essential oil applied to the back of the neck and temples releases its aroma, encouraging relaxation, stress reduction and a refreshing, peaceful sleep.
Fragrance for the Bath
In ancient times, lavender was considered one of the holy herbs and is mentioned in the Bible’s “Song of Solomon.” Its name comes from the Latin “lavare” meaning “to wash,” probably because lavender was commonly used to scent Roman baths.
Today, a few drops of lavender oil turns an everyday bath into a fragrant spa. Lavender is often used to scent soap, bath oils, bubble baths and other bath products, but many feel that the purest fragrance is found by simply adding oil drops to your bath water.
Scent a Room
Lavender or any of the essential oils you prefer can add a wonderful fragrance to any room.
- Add a few drops of an essential oil to a diffuser. The ones that use heat to encourage evaporation work very well. However, be very careful not to burn essential oils. The chemical structure changes if burned and is not always pleasant.
- Add essential oils to cotton balls and leave in a dish to gradually release the scent.
- Add a few drops of an essential oil to “recycle” potpourri that has lost its original scent.
Lavender is said to have antioxidant characteristics.
- Lavender essential oil has been used as a natural remedy to aid skin irritations. Lavender is often blended with other essential oils such as tea tree, cinnamon and clove.
- 10 drops of lavender oil added to 1 ounce of aloe vera oil is very soothing for dry skin.
Discover for yourself the many benefits of doTERRA essential oils, including the many lavender oil uses. These pure essential oils are the highest quality, grown and harvested from responsible sources. Try and enjoy.